in Johnstown, PA Area

Helps Financially with Living at Forest Hills Personal Care Home

At Forest Hills Personal Care Home, families can get financial help for a loved one’s stay at our facility through the Aid and Attendance veterans benefits. This program offers benefits paid by Veterans Affairs to veteran or surviving spouses. Forest Hills Personal Care Home wants to help our veterans, their spouses and the family, so we go above and beyond to assist you in applying for these benefits. These funds are paid in addition to your monthly pension. There are income requirements.

Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about veterans benefits.

Applies to Veterans with Wartime Service

The veteran had to have served on active duty at least 90 days, with one of those days during a period of war. Service in combat is not required. The veteran just needs to prove that he or she was in the service during wartime and was discharged honorably.

Service in World War II, the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, or the Gulf War are the periods of war that are recognized for modern wars.

Treating Our Residents Like They
Are Part of the Family

Your loved one took care of themselves, their family and their home for many years, but they have come to the point where it is not safe for them to stay in their home. They need 24/7 personal care now, and you cannot provide that. Forest Hills Personal Care Home is here to help. Our friendly, caring, attentive and patient staff members will treat your loved one like they are a part of their family because we know that is what you want.

That is the promise that our Administrator, Christine Weaver, RN, and the rest of our team make to your family.

Conditions for Aid and Attendance Benefits

The Aid and Attendance veterans benefits may be added to your monthly pension if you meet one of the following conditions:
You are a patient in a nursing home due to a mental or physical incapacity.

You require the aid of another person in order to perform personal functions required in daily living, such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, adjusting prosthetic devices, or protecting yourself from the hazards of your daily environment.

You are bedridden, in that your disability or disabilities require that you remain in bed apart from a prescribed course of convalescence or treatment.

Your eyesight is limited to a corrected 5/200 visual acuity or less in both eyes or concentric contraction of the visual field to five degrees or less.

Applying for Aid and Attendance

We are happy to assist you step by step through the application process. You can apply for Aid and Attendance by writing to the pension management center at the Philadelphia VA Regional Office.

You may also visit your local regional benefits office to file your request. You should include copies of any evidence, including a report from an attending physician validating the need for Aid and Attendance help.

The report should be in detail to determine whether there is disease or injury producing physical or mental impairment, loss of coordination, or conditions affecting the ability to dress, eat, attend to sanitary needs, and grooming.

Proudly Serving These Counties and Towns

Cambria County, PA
Northern Cambria
South Fork
St. Michael
Indiana County, PA
Blair County, PA
Roaring Spring
Somerset County, PA